zondag 19 maart 2017

Time for some feathers!


Keeping with the mythical creatures theme I wanted to do one with Feathers and I wanted to make an image that would work for boys and girls that love fantasy!

It's a Gryphon :D half eagle, half lion!
And there are tons of feathers on this one!!

In the shop now!


and we love feathers don't we Wanda?

The first colors that probably come into your mind are gold and brown tones cause who has seen an eagle or a lion in any other color right?
Well I thought the same but after chatting with Wanda a bit we decided to make 1 golden and 1 colorfull gryphon!

Here is Wanda's brown-golden gryphon on an amazing card:

Wanda's Blog:
Wanderful Creations

and here is the color gryphon:

 

So I wanted him to look magical and mysterious with deep blue and green tones!
It was a challenge thats for sure and it didn't look right untill it was finnished, I suppose thats why Alyce(kit and clowder) always tells us to never stop half way.

Copics used:
Blues: B39, 37, 26, 34, 32, 00
Greens: G29, 28, 05, 02, 00
Gold: YR27, 23, Y21, 11
To get more definition in the feathers on his chest I use W9 for cast shadows and white gelpen for the center.

Distress inks used for the background piece: Peacock feathers, Broken China, Mustardseed and a very little bit of spiced marmelade.

I really hope you like my crazy colored gryphon! 
I cant wait to see this one in all kinds of colors!

Who is up for the challenge?
What about purple with gold,
or from pink to orange to yellow for the girls,
or fiery red with a black beak and claws?!

***
Sabrina



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen